ERGObaby Camel Carrrier (left) and ERGObaby Sport Carrier (right)
We get asked this question a lot. They are the exact same concept in carrier in that they can be used front, side or back carry but there are a few minor differences:
- Ergobaby Sport (pictured on the right) is slightly lighter than the standard Ergobaby Original. It's made from 35% cotton, 65% polyester blend which makes it lighter in weight and feel. The standard is 100% cotton.
- The Ergobaby Sport carrier has a vent which is great for extra breathability in hot weather.
- The Ergobaby Sport shoulder straps can be extended an extra 10cms.
- The Ergobaby Sport does not have the pocket the standard Ergobaby Original has. It's only a small pocket but very handy for phone carkeys, or small wallet. You can always use the Front Pouch add-on of course too.
- The Ergobaby Sport hood can be detached.
Which one is better?
Both of them! They really are both great baby carriers and it's just personal preference. I had both the Ergobaby Original and the Ergobaby Sport and used them almost every day. (one was in the car, one was in the house).