What we love about Slings - Newborn
* Baby slings are a fantastic way to carry your baby right from when newborn. When babies are so tiny they love the closeness and warmth of mumma's body right there and it's very settling for them. For particularly fussy times (around about 5.10pm in our house!) put baby in the sling and get on with what you were doing. The rhythm of your movement as you go about your business will lull them and soothe them and my babies often drifted off asleep very easily this way.
* The dulce&zoet, Peanut Shell or Natures Sway sling are ideal for putting baby in when you need to pick up older children from kindy, daycare or playgroup.
* You won't have little old ladies fussing in babies face and waking them up! Your little one is tucked safely away and unless they spot the feet out one side a lot of people don't even notice you're carrying a baby.
* You can easily breastfeed in the sling and it offers privacy as well.
What we love about Slings - Older Baby
* Fantastic for quick trips to the shops or the bank when you don't want the hassle of getting out the pram. Brilliant if you have older children too because you can put baby in the sling and know you'll have your hands free to manage a breakaway toddler if need be.
What we love about Slings - Toddler
* Pick me up Mummy! Mummy I'm tiiired. Carry me Mummy!! Yes, been there. Pull your sling out of your handbag and give their tired little legs a break.
Our top picks
- dulce&zoet Sling $74 - no straps or buckles just a shaped pouch sized just for you and your little one, made right here in NZ. The perfect handbag item to pull out when you need it.
- Peanut Shell Sling $99 - fully adjustible so any size person can wear the same sling (eg, Mum or Dad or Grandparents)