* Ergonomic design
* 400 threads per inch organic cotton poplin lining and hood
* 100% cotton batting in body of carrier to soften edges
* One inch, high density foam in shoulder straps
* Quarter inch high density neoprene foam in waist belt
* High Quality buckles tested by SGS
* Waist belt circumference from 25" to 43"
* Fits from 5' to 6.5' body height with adjustable shoulder and chest straps
* Sleeping hood with elastic, adjusts in length for growth of baby
* High quality webbing, matched to carrier color
* Reinforced stitching used at all fabric intersections
* Interior rip-stop reinforcements at critical intersections
* Durability/strength tested up to 90 pounds
* Machine washable – cold, gentle cycles
* Weight of carrier = 690 grams
Why Buy Organic?
Organic cotton is produced without the use of harsh chemicals. Instead natural fertilizers, compost and the use of natural pest control have helped make the growing of organic cotton a viable enterprise.
The benefit of producing cotton organically, to the consumer, especially our babies, is the softness and quality that only organic cotton can provide. This is one of the top reasons people choose organic cotton for their delicate baby's skin.
Our New 100% Organic Cotton Carriers (including the linings and Organic Infant Inserts coming soon) are certified by the Control Union Certifications (formerly Skal International) in the Netherlands. CU is an independent, internationally operating organization that carries out inspections and issues certificates for sustainable production methods.
CU is accredited to carry out inspection and certification services according to the:
* EU organic requirements (EEC Regulation 2092/91)
* USA organic requirements
* National Organic Program (NOP) of the USDA
* Japanese organic requirements
When you buy Organic, you can be sure that the fabric came from partnership with Mother Earth.
What makes The Ergo Baby Carrier different?
It is a soft' carrier - without a frame - that disperses the weight of the baby evenly between the parent's hips and shoulders (like a framed backpack carrier but without the bulk). PRICES
See the demonstration videos of using the infant insert and how to put a little one into the back carry and the front carry position of the Ergo Baby Carrier here
Unlike a framed backpack carrier, which sits the baby away from the parent's body and throws the parent's equilibrium off, The Ergo hugs the baby close to the parent's torso and makes it easier for a parent or carer to manoeuvre.
Wear 3 ways - Front, hip or back carry
In The ERGO, the baby sits in a pouch created by the body of the carrier; in many other carriers the baby hangs by the crotch. This distinction between 'sitting' and 'hanging' is significant because when the baby is in a seated position the weight of the head is dispersed between the spine, hips and thighs, causing less compression of the spine than if the baby were hanging in a carrier.
The ergonomic design supports a correct sitting position for baby's physical development and eliminates compression on baby's spine.
The ERGO's wide shoulder straps and waist belt distribute baby's weight evenly, alleviating physical strain for parents. Baby's weight is drawn in towards parent's centre of gravity, making the baby feel lighter.
Colours: Available in Cranberry, Navy, Chocolate, Seagreen
ERGObaby Quick facts:
- Use from 0-3+ years
- Front, side, back carry
- up to 18kg (tested to 40kg!)
- Lightweight, easy to pack, no hard frame
- Sleeping hood
- One size fits all style
- Ergonomic design supports babys hips and spine
- Machine Washable
- High quality webbing and fittings
Infant insert also available in our Accessories section
A specially padded and shaped cushion that fits into the baby carrier worn on the front. Recommended use from newborn to 4 - 5 months depending on the growth of your baby.
ERGO offers continued support when a baby sling or front carrier is no longer comfortable. It is lighter and more secure than a hard-frame baby back-pack.
ERGO Baby Carriers come with a detailed instructional booklet including illustrations and the instructional DVD chapters are available online.
Buy with confidence - we are NZ's Number 1 Ergo Supplier
IMPORTANT ERGObaby CONSUMER WARNING
www.ergobabynewzealand.com | www.ergobabynz.com
Over the past few months, increasing numbers of counterfeit ERGObaby Carriers are being offered for sale on sites proclaiming to be ERGObaby sites - they are FAKES!. Additionally, if the price seems too good to be true, it probably is a fake. Counterfeit products are exempt from any manufacturer’s warranty policy, and we would caution anyone thinking about using counterfeit products about their safety, comfort and reliability.
Counterfeit ERGOs are:
• made with inferior material and parts – particularly the buckles!
• not product tested against safety standards
• not covered by any Product Insurance
• not covered by Product Warrantee
• not likely to comply with US lead-free criteria