Discomfort and pain experienced during breastfeeding can detract from this amazing time of bonding with your baby. The Rite Aid Hydrogel Breast Discs cool and soothe sore nipples, at the same time, creating the optimal environment for healing broken and inflamed skin. Breastfeeding mothers Australia wide have been using and recommending this product to aid discomfort and return to breastfeeding sooner.
Hydrogel Breast Discs
- Soothes cracked and sore nipples
- Cools irritated skin
- Creates the optimal environment for healing broken skin
- Absorbs leakage to prevent bacteria buildup
- Restores the skin's natural moisture
- Individually sealed for added hygiene
- 12 Hydrogel breast discs included in box
Using Hydrogel Breast Discs while breastfeeding:
- Hydrogel breast discs contain properties that:
- cool and soothes sore and cracked nipples
- alleviates the pain associated with breastfeeding
- keeps skin dry to prevent infection
- During a study of 106 lactating mothers, participants that used Hydrogel breast discs experienced a significant reduction in pain that those that used lanolin oinments (Dodd et al, 2003)
- Participants using Hydrogel dressings discontinued further treatments faster than those using other treatments like lanolin ointments
What are Hydrogel dressings?
Hydrogel dressings are water based treatments designed to provide a moist environment to accelerate the healing process. The dressings cool and soothe the wound area, at the same time, restoring moisture to the wound. Unlike traditional dressings, hydrogel dressings do not adhere to the wound, reducing the trauma to the skin when it is removed. When applied to a wound, the hydrogel creates a barrier around the wound to protect against bacteria and excessive fluid loss. The successful results from this innovative treatment have made it the ideal dressing for treating wounds such as burns, sores and pressure ulcers for over 20 years.